Designing a Logo

I can remember as far back as middle school and having computer class time as we called it. We learned how to type and create basic Word documents. Most of all, I remember the use of color and tools we had available. At that age, I thought “the more color, the better” and so any and every middle school student added color to everything. It was the late 90s and color and Word Art was booming, or at least it was according to me.

Fast forward to a college course and thinking why do I need to know the history of art, it’s not like I will teach Art. Was I wrong! I had previously learned about the color wheel and how companies use different fonts and colors to attract a certain clientele. It still surprises me that certain colors trigger certain feelings and emotions.

I used to think If I was creating a business card or logo I would add as much information as possible. Yet, after seeing the videos I would use the component of simplicity to ensure my logo stood out is most effective. Providing examples of good and bad logos helps guide the creator. For a beginner in logo making such as myself, visual representation is extremely helpful.

At first, the information presented in the module seemed overwhelming. However, I like the idea of categorizing or chunking all the important competencies that are essential to the expectations of this course.

I used Canva to create my logo and the only troublesome part of creating my media project was the limited options I had for a logo. I like my logo and would use it for the future. I still however have my doubts of whether it could be enhanced.

Overall, I enjoyed creating a logo. It made me reflect on where I want to be in the future, how I want to be branded, and how I want people to see me as they seek my expertise.